This half day course aims to guide postgraduate students in the biomedical sciences through the process of planning and producing a PhD thesis.
During the workshop we will cover:
- How to plan, draft and edit
- Approaching the different sections
- Preparing figures and writing figure legends
- How to keep going – persistence and dealing with writer’s block
- Dealing with your supervisor
There will be a range of practical activities which allow students to improve their skills during the session.
By the end of the course delegates will have increased confidence in their ability to plan and write a thesis together with a range of skills to do the job.
Workshop facilitated by Prof Shirley Ellis.
Return to the Workshops Page.